Sunday, May 6, 2007

How To: Filling Out The Survey

I've had a couple of comments and e-mails recently from folks that were having issues filling out surveys. In each case, they said they had filled out two, and not gotten credit.

So, here are some things to consider when filling out the surveys at Gaming Lagoon:

1. These sites track you - with cookies, by IP address, and e-mail address.

2. Sometimes having filled out something from that vendor in a prior occasion will make you ineligable for participation at Gaming Lagoon.

3. Some of the offers look for legitimate addresses and phone numbers, if the one you used is incorrect, you will not be credited.

4. I followed the "Complete first three pages instructions."

So, here are some resolutions for these problems:

1. Clear your cookies (in Internet Explorer - Tools / Internet Options / Delete Cookies) regularly. If you have problems at home, remark the offer as available and try from work or another computer at another location. Finally, have more than one extra e-mail address to use with these offers, try a different e-mail address when you resubmit.

2. Not much to do about this, things like the True offers, if you fill out the one for the low number of points, you are inelligible for the one for a lot of points. I'd recommend looking at all the offers on Gaming Lagoon before I started filling out offers.

3. I recenlty had my home # disconnected, so it works great on surveys and no one will ever call me. I've found that picking a good name can work for the surveys, and you can instantly discard snail mail with the bogus name on your actual home address. Think Bob Smith or something along these lines.

4. I know a bunch of the items say "Complete first three pages", and this usually works, but I've found a higher success rate by just going ahead and finishing the surveys.

Good luck, you can get lots of free stuff from Gaming Lagoon if you are patient and fill out the surveys as they become available!

2 comments:

Busybeaver said...

How do you sign up for gaming lagoon!?!?!?!
I tried and put my adress down. I live in texas and i put united states as the country i live in and after i fill everything else out and click next step the same page pops up with an error message saying i am not in the country i say i am!!! I am getting really mad cause i am in the freaking country i say i am!!!

The Dren said...

Sorry you are having issues, for support, go here:

http://www.forumlagoon.com/