Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Lego Mindstorms Takes over Perfect Dark Zero

Ok, so I saw something along these lines in OXM magazine. I know I'm not the first, but this is still super cool.

Sunday I made a trek to Toys 'R Us and picked up a Lego Mindstorms NXT Robot.

I came home last night and DID NOT READ ANY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS. I have been doing heavy duty Legos sinces I was about 10 years old. Over 30 years of experience, I don't need no stinkin' directions.

After an hour, I had a robot that looked like this:


Then I started to create the program in the Lego software and download it to the robot, it took about another hour, but I got it kicking ass and taking names.



Notice the purple rubber band holding the sticks together, this is so that I keep moving and don't get booted to Spectator Mode.

Right now I'm working on 1000 Dark Ops games. When that is done, I'll work on 1000 Killcount. Then on 1000 Rounds Survived if I don't have it already.

And before you judge, the Dark Ops games take a minimum of 3 minutes each, times the 900 I needed. This comes out to 2700 minutes or 45 hours. So I would never, ever get this any other way. The Killcount games seem to take a minimum of about 5 minutes. So it would be closer to 70 hours to get that achievement.

After that I have plans to modify the bot, and get the 10,000 miles driven in Ridge Racer 4. Then on to Bejeweled Endless Mode. I think the sky is the limit with stupid, repetitive tasks on getting achievements. Now I can play games and have fun, and let this bot do the mundane stuff while I sleep and go to work.

No comments: